The optimal combination of trucks, rail and ships provides a wide range of logistic solutions in given time and space in order to:
- comply with the specific customer requirements utilizing an integrated chain of road or rail and sea transportation
- utilize the advantages of each of the above transportation service saving for customer finances,
- achieve shorter transit time of transported goods,
- optimize the capacity by utilizing of available transport terminals in the ports, including container terminals, with subsequent use of the possible options according to customer requirements.
- take advantage of goods transportation in intermodal transportation units, in particular containers without the need for manipulation of their content as an ideal mode of transportation of specific goods over long distances.
Multimodal transportation means the transportation of goods by at least two different modes of transportation. Its particular form is the intermodal transportation and within it the combined transport.